Sunday 23 September 2012

Specs Appeal

I'm very short-sighted (around -9 diopters in each eye, to be precise) and I first had to wear glasses when I was 7, in the first year of Junior School.  I'm not quite sure how short-sighted I was at that point, but enough to be given glasses and to have to wear them all the time.

Doug also need glasses, but unlike me can actually function without them - I tend to walk into large objects like houses and land masses if I'm not wearing mine.

So when Jacob announced last year he was having slight issues reading the board at school, we marched him down to the opticians straight away.  At that time, there was only a slight prescription and not anything that warranted correction, but he's just been back for a sight test and his vision has deteriorated enough to warrant glasses.

At this point of time he doesn't need to wear them all the time, just when he's in the classroom or watching tv/playing on the computer at home.  And for reading, obviously.  But not for playing or in the playground etc.  We'll go back in six months to see the Optician for another eye test and to see how he's dealing with wearing glasses.

He's very excited to have them.  And being Jacob, he chose a very cool pair of specs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment